WKC S1 Math

Friday, September 08, 2006

The First Post

Hello and welcome! If you're in Miss Nicholson's S1 math class, you've come to the right place.

Today in class each of us completed a questionnaire that told us what our preferred learning styles are. You may have a visual preference, an aural preference, a reading/writing preference, a kinesthetic preference, or any combination of these four.

Your first blogging assignment is to:
  1. Check out the link(s) in the paragraph above that matches your preferred learning style(s).
  2. Read through the study strategies and pick one or two that you would like to try. Note: if you cannot open the kinesthetic link, try this one.
  3. Leave a comment on this post describing your learning preference and one change you will make to your study habits based on the info you learned from the link.
To leave a comment:
  1. Click on the comment link at the bottom of this post.
  2. Type in your comment in the window that opens up.
  3. When you choose an identity, select other and then remember to write your first name only so that I can verify who you are.
  4. Match the word verification and select publish.
Remember our Blogging Guidelines as you write and don't forget to bring your signed Blogging Policy to class on Monday.

If you have time, I would really recommend checking out some of the other math blogs that are linked on the right side of this page to see what a great learning space you can make this.

Have a great weekend! See you Monday!

14 Comments:

  • My learning preference is reading/writing. The change that I will make in my study habits is organize any diagrams or graphs into statements.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:29 p.m.  

  • I learn by reading/writing, which I think is kinda untrue, mainly w/ math. But since it said that, I guess I can learn more by reading text books.


    - Melissa

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:19 p.m.  

  • I am a kinesthetic learner, the adjustments i am going to make while studying are trying hands on approaches and writing practice answers and paragraphs.

    Jordan

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:13 a.m.  

  • I learn by Visual, i think this is very true because reading and wrighting are boring, so i just dont listen ..than i dont learn.

    Stephyy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:59 a.m.  

  • Wow, it's Sunday and only two people commented...Okay! Well I learn by all of them, visual, aural, reading/writing, and last kinesthetic. I love learning by text books, maw haha mostly beacuse it's easy. I hate aural though...Odd that I got it.

    -x- Nicole XD

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:41 p.m.  

  • I learn by visual. I think i can learn more by looking at pictures and such.

    Ashley

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:00 p.m.  

  • I am an aural learner, I don't exactly think that is true, but what i can do to help myself study better is to ask others to hear my understanding of a topic.

    Rheanna

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:01 p.m.  

  • My learning preference is kinesthetic and the changes that I will make are that I will use plenty of examples in my writing.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:01 p.m.  

  • My learning preference is Read/write and that means that i learn better my reading and writing stuff down so its easier for me to study

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:53 p.m.  

  • My learning prefrence is kinesthetic so I will reduce my notes and use examples.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:15 p.m.  

  • my learning preferance is Aurali think this is true.. what i can do is ask questions and get get things explained to me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:56 p.m.  

  • My learning preferance is Kinisthetic aswell, so I will try and use more hands on things.


    Armando

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:52 a.m.  

  • My preference is "visual".
    So I'll use more diagrams,
    and pictures when I study?


    ..Meagan.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:14 p.m.  

  • My learning preferance is Visual.
    I study well with diagrams and graphs.

    Peter

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:19 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home